Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2011

end or a new begin? (Final Post, 8th)

It is time to wrap up with the design project, but it is definitely a great way to start my study in Information area. Because this project is not only closely tight to all the content that we have learned in class but also related to our own interest, which makes this project fun and educational.
My idea is about art and design. I want to have a design company which provides graphic design, such as logo and interior design; we also offer any other kind of design with manufacture, for example, we help people to improve their own design on their own projects and product those design for customers (personalized key chain, chair, closet, clothes and more). In addition to those, we would create our own design software, application for mobile device (and cloud computing) for our customers to have access to design on their own. The blog is mainly used for commercial purpose. Different blog posts are connected with design in different ways, in order to get more people interested and motivated in design.
It is a very unrealistic idea for a freshman in college to achieve. However as I was writing more posts and we were learning more information in class, my vision on this company idea becomes more clear. I clarified the “privacy policy” (week 2) of the company; I did research on “how to reuse old components of computers” (week 3) and “Linux” (week 6); I explored on “how to draw with excel” (week 2), “how to beautify QR code” (week 4), and “the fashion of 8-bit effect” (week 5). I also looked into a professional blog of design (week 7), and found out the similarities and differences between my own blog and the professional blog. I learned to use new software, experienced different operating system, created new art works, and improved my blogging skill. I learned lots of things on information studies and design at the same time.
The blog project is almost done, but it inspired me that no matter what you do you can make it interesting and relate to your interests. And information is the tendency of the world, just like professor Jeff Rubin said in the first class, no matter what you like to do, you can use your knowledge of information studies to do it better. Even though the project is done, the idea that I have worked on has imbedded in my mind.

Those are the results after I read through other people's passions!

http://imanentrepenuar.blogspot.com/2011/10/seth-gobins-blog.html?showComment=1319783659843#c281175170245922854
http://lana-gorgeousgarments.blogspot.com/2011/10/unix-in-gorgeous-garments.html?showComment=1319785538072#c8086404714227543970
http://momshangoverhelper.blogspot.com/2011/10/week-5-mixing-it-up.html?showComment=1320006167431#c7162830274805140599

Happy Halloween!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a class project-- it combines information technologies to art and design, but it also related to my personal interest. So i will try my best to make it fun.
Plz leave anything that come cross your mind when you see this.
“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.”
https://twitter.com/#!/Lydiaxnc